TGIF! Typing that makes me wish I could watch a night full of Clarissa Explains It All or Full House. My sisters and I would be glued to the TV on Friday night. In the spirit of all things Friday I decided to post about five things I am excited about this weekend.
- 1. Dinner tonight. We have friends staying with us for the next two weeks and tonight they are cooking us dinner. I think it’s some kind of chicken. All I know is that it smells amazing in my fridge.
- 2. Tomorrow’s run. My ABSOLUTE favorite place to run in New Orleans is around Audubon Park. On one side of the park is St. Charles, so you can take off running down the streetcar line. On the other side of the park is the Audubon Zoo. Basically every Saturday I beg A to take me to the zoo after our run. We are season pass holders for all of the Audubon experiences (Aquarium, Zoo, & Insectarium ). So if you are traveling to NOLA and not sure where to run, run here because it’s my favorite. Side Note: It is my personal goal to see Drew Brees here. He is always tweeting that he was just at Audubon Park. So not to sound like a stalker-but it’s good to have goals!
- 3. Parades. It’s carnival season in the city and this weekend has lots of fun parades rolling. I am hoping that we will get to take our friends to a parade this weekend.
- 4. New Running Shoes! Today A ordered us both new shoes! I am so super stoked! Of course we are sticking with Brooks Adrenaline GTS 12. I know the 13s just came out-but these were on sale. And sale is a magic word while we are both rocking grad school! Super pumped to get some new kicks in crazy new colors.
- 5. Another Sale. Today one of my favorite stores Altar’D State is having an extra 50% off sale ! Yall, this is awesome! This store has super cute stuff at a good price. Plus, they do a lot to give back. Check them out and let me know what you think. I know I’m keeping my shopping cart open trying to make final purchase choices. http://www.altardstate.com/
Go and be a light,
What were some of your favorite friday night shows as a kid? Did you ever watch Are You Afraid of the Dark? (Not me. Always too afraid.)
Are you going to any parades this weekend? Which ones?
Where is your favorite place to run in your city?