Wahoo! We made it! I hope your week has been good. Mine has been a little overwhelming, but that’s okay. This was our “Spring Break” week for school. I really hoped to get more school work done this week. But because work was so crazy I was not able to get as much done as I would have liked. Even though we both worked a good bit his week we wanted to have some fun too!
1. Date night with Andrew and Charlotte. At you guessed it-Dat Dog. Who knew Dat Dog would become such a theme on my blog? Well, Andrew and Charlotte had never been and so we had been dying to take them. Of course they loved it and vowed to come back as often as possible. This could end up being a lot because Charlotte is in her last few weeks of pregnancy. And let’s be honest-Who doesn’t crave those cheddar, bacon, ranch fries?
2. We are going exploring today! I am so excited! Today we will both work until noon and then we are just going to play in our city. One draw back to living in a big city is that sometimes it can be hard to really do stuff in the city. It’s easy to just hang out in the surrounding neighborhoods because getting to the heart of the city is such a hassle. But not today-today we are going to see all that Nola holds for us. Okay, well at least all it can hold for us from the hours of 12-6 today. Because we have plans tonight! But still-Adventure is out there!
I just found out that tonight is Hugo’s Birthday! Hugo the Hornet Mascot for the New Orleans Hornets. Y’all his birthday party is so much fun! We have gone the past couple of years and loved it! Hugo invites his mascot friends to join him at the Hive. Then at half time they have a slam dunk contest. It’s awesome. The Hornet’s games are really fun and family friendly. If you are looking for tickets tonight’s event you can find them here: bit.ly/11s8CCT
3. Tomorrow is my niece’s birthday party! Mitchell-Claire is turning 4 this week. Don’t you love her name. I think it must be a Southern thing to have two names for little girls. Anyways, MC is the only girl grandchild in our family right now-so that means Pink, Pink, and more Pink. She is super girly and really sweet. Plus, she loves Beauty and the Beast. That makes my heart really happy. After her party we are going to have a family Easter egg hunt. I am pretty pumped to see everyone and to hunt eggs. I hope I find the prize egg! Wish me luck!
4. Next week is Crescent City Classic & our 5 year wedding anniversary! Yeah! I am really looking forward to both. The race will be Saturday morning and we will go to a fun dinner that night. Right now we are thinking about going to Jacques-Imos but we can’t decide. Any suggestions?
5. We are running our first virtual race. What is a virtual race you ask? Well…I’m not really 100% sure. But-I do know that you sign up online and then you run it at some point in the allotted amount of time. For instance this race started on 3/21 and will end on 3/31. You can run your own race at any time during these 10 days. Once you have ran your race you report back and are eligible for prizes! 🙂 We are doing a 5k and a 10k for this race. Virtual races can also benefit a certain group or cause. We are running the Run with Jess-Jelly Bean run. How cute is that? I love the logo! Doesn’t it just make you happy?
Jess has made it really easy to understand and it sounds like the event is going to be great. You can find out more about it here: http://www.runwithjess.com/2013/01/3rd-annual-jelly-bean-race.html#.UUxwiRfIGzk
Have you ever done a virtual race?
What are you doing for Easter?
Where is your favorite place to explore?
Don’t forget to enter my Endorphin Warrior giveaway HERE! You have until tomorrow night at Midnight to enter!
go and be a light,