Happy National Running Day! I hope you are having a great day!
Here are 7 fun ways to celebrate National Running Day!
1. Get up and get your stretch on!
2. Pick out something awesome to wear!
3. Get to running! Inside or Outside-either way it totally counts!
4. Finish your run and feel like a rock star! Feel Free to tweet/Instagram/ etc your accomplishment! Everyone wants to know what you did!
5. Sign up for a race or go for a run with a local running group.
For example tonight begins the Summer Series #1
Here is more information about the run!
Wednesday, June 5, 2013, 7:00 PM
The Festival Grounds, City Park, New Orleans, LA
The Summer Series was the first race I ever ran. I ran it last summer and loved it! So if you are looking for a way to celebrate National Running Day look no further than City Park! It is so fun! You will love it! Bonus-It’s only $5 to run it!
6.Encourage others on their running journey Runner’s World has started thing for newbies. You can check it out here. You can also follow them on Twitter @RWStartingLine I have only looked at it for a brief moment-but it looks like it has lots of great information for just getting started. It can help you if you are a beginning walker or runner. Even if you are a seasoned runner you could pass along this information to a friend who has wanted to be more active!
7. Get on Social Media and let others know how you are celebrating. One of my favorite things about the running is the running community. Today is such a fun day to celebrate all things running! So let others know how far you ran today or if you ran on you lunch. Go ahead and share the enthusiasm. You never know who you may inspire along the way!
I hope you have an awesome National Running Day!
go and be a light,
How far are you running today?
Did you run by yourself or with a group?