Last year for my very first 5k my husband and I ran the Saints Back to Football 5k. This race is apart of the NFL Run Series. You can find out more about the NFL Run Series by following them on Twitter @NFLRunSeries and on Facebook. You can also go to the official page to get all the information for the Saints race coming up on August 31st!
Adrian wanted to make sure that my first 5k was special! I was so excited to run this race! Not only do I love the NFL it was so special that this was an inaugural race!
Here we are on the field after the race!
- Start at Champions Square
- Experience the thrill of NFL football when you finish on the 50-yard line
- Receive a race shirt, a commemorative finisher’s medal and an NFL approved bag
Some of my favorite parts of the race were:
- Starting the race in Champion Square
- Seeing all of the race costumes. My favorite costumes was a group of women dressed as the replacement refs! They were so fun!
- Finishing inside the dome and have our 40 timed!
- Crossing the finish line and getting a high five from Gumbo (one of the Saints mascot)
- Celebrating with Adrian after the race and enjoying our time on the field! It was so cool!
My feet are on the field! I was so pumped!
This race is basically just a big celebration! It kicks-off football season, gives you a fun view of the city, and let’s you show your Saints pride! So now that you are all ready to run the race, you need to have some really fun items to wear while you rock out 3.1 miles in sunny NOLA!
For my race I was wearing Team Sparkle. They have tons of fun accessories to make racing run! Their skirts are light weight and don’t move much when you run. Plus, everyone knows that sparkle equals speed!
Gold Team Sparkle Skirt
Black Team Sparkle Skirt
Gold Dot Team Sparkle Skirt
Team Gleason Tasc Tee
Also available in women’s here.
Black Pursue T Tasc
And well anything really from Fleurty Girl. But here are a few of my favorites!
Fleur de Football Fleurty Girl Tee
Krewe du Drew Fleurty Girl Tee
Black and Gold Sparkly Soul Headband
Fleur de lis Sweatyband
New Orleans Saints Argile Sock
New Orleans Saints Leg Warmers
Well, that is all I have for now! I hope you have found something you will love to run in on August 31!
Go and be a light,
Do you dress up for races?
Have you ever ran in a Team Sparkle skirt? If so, what color?
Who is your favorite NFL team?