I am so sorry that it has been so long since I have posted. To say that 2014 sent me for a loop would be the understatement of my life! There are so many things that took place in mine and my family’s life this past Spring and Summer. Some of them I will choose to share and some I will keep private. But for now I hope to be back to posting twice a week. I love Five things Friday, so I will do my welcome back post with this!
1. Rock N Roll New Orleans is this weekend! I am so excited about this event! This year the race added a new 10k distance! Also, it was just announced that there would be a #RnRTWEETUP at Cafe du Monde on Saturday morning at 10:30 am! After the tweetup everyone will walk over to the expo! I am not sure if I will be able to attend the tweetup-but I hope to at least see some social media friends at the expo!
My husband and I considered running the new 10k (Have you seen the bling? So cute) But instead we opted to volunteer with our local Track Club! Be looking for Adrian and me at the 1st water station with the New Orleans Track Club! We will be there smiling, hydrating, and cheering you on to victory!
2. We are trying a food box service. Have you ever done this before? We are using a service in the city called Good Eggs. Good Eggs is based out of San Francisco Bay area, but has locations in LA, Brooklyn and New Orleans. If you live within a certain radius they will deliver to your home for a minimum of $30 purchase. We live just outside the radius and so we are picking up our box at their store this Saturday. We are really excited to try this new option for food and hope that it will help us meal plan. The best part is that it helps us to buy local and support farmers and growers in our area.
3. I am back in school. In May I completed my Master’s of Divinity degree. However, due to some things that came up this Spring we needed to stay in New Orleans longer. So I am now enrolled in a graduate certificate program for Women’s Ministry. I feel like this degree will serve me well as I seek to learn more about ministering to women. This school year I am working full-time and taking classes full-time.
4. I am currently training for the Seaside School half marathon. My good friend, Beth, and I are really excited to run this race! At the finish line you get a Vera Bradley tote bag and a medal! We are using the hashtag #willrunforvera during our training! Feel free to follow us along at @leahbfrazier (instagram, twitter) @bebrowning (instagram). Please let us know if you will be at the race! We would love to meet up!
The photo above is from our first day of training for #willrunforvera The photo below is from last March where we ran RnR Dallas with our friend, Cari. We loved that race experience so much that we may just make a Spring girls’ race an annual tradition!
5. Mardi Gras season and a giveaway. That’s right, you are hearing it here first! I will be hosting a Mardi Gras giveaway! You will want to stay tuned to my Instagram account for more details (@leahbfrazier) I am really excited about this giveaway! Hint: it will be sparkly…and you will all want to win it!
I hope y’all have enjoyed this Five things Friday. I am glad to be (hopefully) back to blogging! Let me know what’s new with you and if you would like, you can answer my questions below!
What are you doing this weekend? Are you racing, traveling, etc.?
Have you ever used a food delivery service? How do you “buy local” in your area?
What are you currently training for? Do you have any other (non-running) goals for 2015?
Are you excited about my giveaway? What do you think it could be?
Go and be a light,