Friday Hungry Runner Girl Janae put out a little runner survey on her blog! I thought it would be fun to do a blog post from her survey. I love reading Janae’s blog and she is a frequent contributor on Women’s Running. I have learned so much from her about fueling with Swedish Fish to staying motivated during training plans! Be sure to check her out!
1. Would you rather run along a beach path or on a mountain trail?
I would rather run along a beach trail. I am not much for creepy crawly things and so I would enjoy beach running more. Bonus: After a beach run you could hunt for seashells or just go hop in the ocean.
2. If you could choose the flavor of Gatorade at your next race’s aid stations, what would it be?
I would most likely go for something like Citrus-Cooler. But mainly anything that is not red or fruit punch flavored. Something about drinking red drinks during a race just makes me feel queasy.
3. If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would be the first thing that you would purchase with it?
I would go straight to Varsity Sports-New Orleans and order the Brooks Glycerin 13 in the color 661.They look just like Cotton Candy! My favorite! I love these shoes so much! I want to get them for my training for the Chicago Marathon and use the hashtag #CottonCandyChicago !
4. Do you prefer to follow a training plan or wake up and decide then how far and how fast you want to run?
I prefer a training plan. If left to my own resources, I would just sleep in.
5. Would you rather start your run with the uphill and end on the downhill or start your run with the downhill and end with the uphill?
I would rather start on the uphill and end on the downhill. That way the thrill of going uphill would pump me up for the rest of my run!
6. When you can’t run, what type of cross-training do you choose to do?
When I can’t run, I enjoy walking or yoga dvds. I would really like to become a better swimmer and to use swimming for cross-training.
7. What is your preference—> Out and back, point to point or loop runs?
On my normal weekend long I run in loops for the most part. But for a race I prefer a point-to-point so that I can see more of an area.
8. If you could recommend ANY running related item to a new runner, it would be a—>
9. Do you ever see any wild animals while out on your runs?
I have seen squirrels, cranes, blue birds, caterpillars, and roaches on runs!
Most unique thing on a run: Close to Mardi Gras I have seen stilt walkers practicing.
10. Ever gotten lost while out on a run?
I don’t think I have ever gotten lost on a run.
11. If you could have one meal waiting and ready for you each time you got home from a run for the next 30 days… what would that meal be?
Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas with yellow rice. It’s one of my favorite meals!
12. Capris or shorts… what do you run in most often?
13. At what mile (or how many minutes) into your run does your body start to feel like it is warming up and ready to go?
Usually by mile 3. But mile 8 has always been my favorite mile of a long run.
14. What do you do with your key when you run?
I give it to my husband or put in in the side pocket of my skirt.
15. If you could relive any race that you have done in the past, which one what it be?
I would relive the Seaside School half marathon from this past March. This race was not my best. I would like to go back and think of ways to calm myself down so that I could run this race well.
16. What type of run is your least favorite type of run?
Not sure. I’m not really advanced enough to have different types of runs yet.
17. What has been your biggest motivation lately to get out the door to get your run on?
Training for the Chicago Marathon. This will be mine (and my husband’s) first full marathon. I really want to train smart.
18. When you go for a run, do you leave right from your front door or do you drive somewhere to start?
During the week, I leave right from my door. On the weekend, we usually drive to one of the parks in New Orleans to run.
19. When running in daylight—> are sunglasses a must or an annoyance?
I have never ran in sunglasses. I usually just wear hats or visors if it is bright out. But I am interested in sunglasses. Do you have a pair your recommend?
20. When you get tired, what keeps you from quitting?
Knowing how many miles I need to get in that day.
Go and be a light,
Have you taken Hungry Runner Girl’s survey?
How are you spending your holiday weekend?